Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Torgeir Veimo <to...@vertech.no> on 2001/10/12 14:12:54 UTC

external user management

Hi, I'm new to Slide.

I'm interested in using it for content publishing in a service with
users administrated through LDAP. I tried searching the (users) mailing
list for others who would be using external user management, but found
none.

We have a realm that looks up users and groups on the ldap server. What
I would like is slide to look up all users /users/individual using
similar code, so that we just manage acl's and locks in slide itself.

I tried looking into the source, but from what I can see initially it
looks like users are just nodes with names, nothing more. To intercept
any lookups for users I would have to go into the core of slide the
catch all references to "/users/*"(?).

Is there an easier way of doing this?

--
- Torgeir