Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by venu madhav <ve...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/04 04:01:04 UTC

ActiveMQ cve vulnerabilities seen in latest version

Hi team,

I am running a dummy project to scan the vulnerabilities using owasp
dependency-check. The project doesn't contain anything except for the
activemq jars added as dependencies in the pom.xml. Even when we use the
latest version of activemq-kahadb-store jar (5.15.9 version) we see some
vulnerabilities such as CVE-2018-11775 , CVE-2016-3088 which ideally should
be fixed in the latest release as per mentioned in the link:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/classic/security

Can you please check and tell if the issue is not fixed or NVD database is
still showing the vulnerability even if the issue is fixed.

I have attached the pom.xml and the dependency check reports for your
reference.

Re: ActiveMQ cve vulnerabilities seen in latest version

Posted by venu madhav <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

Did you get a chance to look into this?  Can you please confirm if the
mentioned vulnerabilities are already fixed from activemq end?

Thanks and regards,
Venu

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
JB, here's the email announcing the CVE and indicates that it was fixed in
the 5.15.6 release:

https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@activemq.apache.org:2018-9

Here is the JIRA issue:

I do see that this was cherry picked into the 5.15.x branch, so you should
be able to chase it down further from the info there.

Bruce

--
perl -e 'print

Blog: http://bsnyder.org/ <http://bruceblog.org/>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: ActiveMQ cve vulnerabilities seen in latest version

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
HI,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré