Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Sean Hulbert <sh...@securitycentric.net.INVALID> on 2022/12/12 06:42:27 UTC

FIPS 140-2 and Drive share

Hello,

So looks like there is an issue when Windows 2019 Standard has FIPS 140-2
enabled the Guacamole drive share breaks and you get a permissions error

We know its FIPS related since we have a duplicate clone of the image with
FIPS off and transfers work.

There are no errors on the Guacamole system being reported and With a clean
event viewer it's not showing any errors either.

Any thoughts on making FIPS 140-2 work with the file up load feature in
guacamole?

Re: FIPS 140-2 and Drive share

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 12, 2022 at 1:42 AM Sean Hulbert
<sh...@securitycentric.net.invalid> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> So looks like there is an issue when Windows 2019 Standard has FIPS 140-2 enabled the Guacamole drive share breaks and you get a permissions error
>

> We know its FIPS related since we have a duplicate clone of the image with FIPS off and transfers work.
>

> There are no errors on the Guacamole system being reported and With a clean event viewer it’s not showing any errors either.

If you put guacd in debug or trace logging and then retry, do you get
anything more useful?

-Nick