Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "David M. Karr" <dm...@earthlink.net> on 2002/01/02 07:22:11 UTC

Building Struts 1.0.1rc1: Missing xalan

I'd like to experiment with some ideas for modifying the "html:radio" tag.
Before I make changes, I'm first trying to build Struts1.0.1rc1 OOTB.

The "build.xml" script talks about setting "jdbc20ext.jar" and "servlet.jar",
which I've done (pointing to my Tomcat4.0.1b2 distribution), but when I try to
build it after setting those, I get the following (excerpts):

DEPRECATED - xslp processor is deprecated. Use trax or xalan instead.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xalan/xslt/XSLTProcessorFactory
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/kvisco/xsl/XSLProcessor

So, apparently it needs Xalan too.  Was the information about this accidently
left out of the "build.xml" prolog?  What version of Xalan is required, and how
exactly do I make it available to the build script?  Is it just supposed to be
in the CLASSPATH (I sort of doubt this)?

Re: Building Struts 1.0.1rc1: Missing xalan

Posted by "David M. Karr" <dm...@earthlink.net>.

    Steven> "David M. Karr" wrote:
    David>
    David> I'd like to experiment with some ideas for modifying the "html:radio" tag.
    David> Before I make changes, I'm first trying to build Struts1.0.1rc1 OOTB.
    David>
    David> The "build.xml" script talks about setting "jdbc20ext.jar" and "servlet.jar",
    David> which I've done (pointing to my Tomcat4.0.1b2 distribution), but when I try to
    David> build it after setting those, I get the following (excerpts):
    David>
    David> DEPRECATED - xslp processor is deprecated. Use trax or xalan instead.
    David> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xalan/xslt/XSLTProcessorFactory
    David> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/kvisco/xsl/XSLProcessor
    David>
    David> So, apparently it needs Xalan too.  Was the information about this accidently
    David> left out of the "build.xml" prolog?  What version of Xalan is required, and how
    David> exactly do I make it available to the build script?  Is it just supposed to be
    David> in the CLASSPATH (I sort of doubt this)?

    Steven> David,
    Steven> I assume you are using Ant1.4.1?

    Steven> FYI, the <style> task within Ant1.4.1 assumes that you have the external
    Steven> library already in your classpath.  See:
    Steven> http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/index.html.  The solution is to
    Steven> either add Xalan to your classpath or put it in your $ANT/lib
    Steven> directory.  Don't add it to your build.xml classpath, because you don't
    Steven> need it to compile, you only need it for ant.  I posted something about
    Steven> this a while back on this mail list.

I'm using Ant 1.4 (9/3/2001).  When I copied my "xalan.jar" from the jaxp1.1
distribution into $ANT_HOME/lib, the build completed without error.

Thanks.

Re: Building Struts 1.0.1rc1: Missing xalan

Posted by "Steven D. Wilkinson" <st...@acm.org>.
David,

I assume you are using Ant1.4.1?

FYI, the <style> task within Ant1.4.1 assumes that you have the external
library already in your classpath.  See:
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/index.html.  The solution is to
either add Xalan to your classpath or put it in your $ANT/lib
directory.  Don't add it to your build.xml classpath, because you don't
need it to compile, you only need it for ant.  I posted something about
this a while back on this mail list.

Steve