Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> on 2007/06/26 22:54:16 UTC

ant cvs error

when running the ant cvs task example from the book
<cvs cvsRoot=":pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic"
       package="ant"
       dest="."
  />

I get
svn_checkout:
      [cvs] Caught exception: CreateProcess: cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.o
rg:/home/cvspublic checkout ant error=2

what does this error mean???
Thanks
M--

Re: ant cvs error

Posted by Doug Lochart <dl...@capecomputing.com>.
Martin Gainty wrote:
> Is there a cvs binary  that needs to be installed?
> I didnt see this in ant distro?!

Yes you need to choose a CVS implementation for Windows and install
that.  I think the last one I used was cvsNT but I am sure there are others.

Re: ant cvs error

Posted by Robert Clark <ro...@quest.com>.
On Tuesday June 26, 2007, "Martin Gainty" <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a cvs binary  that needs to be installed?
> I didnt see this in ant distro?!

Yes. Ant does not include CVS, it is a separate product. You can get
it from <http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/cvs/>.

- Rob

Re: ant cvs error

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.