Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mikhail Markov <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/13 12:19:38 UTC

[general] Update to a new version of ICU

Hi!

I've noticed that there is a new version (3.6, see
http://icu.sourceforge.net/download/3.6.html) of ICU while Harmony is using
3.4 now.

Perhaps it makes sense to update to the latest version?

Thanks,
Mikhail

Re: [general] Update to a new version of ICU

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Feb 13, 2007, at 9:17 AM, Tim Ellison wrote:

> No objection to upgrading; however, as we concluded the last time we
> spoke about this we will need to make a corresponding change to the
> VMs
> so they know to load the new version of the ICU native library.

I don't remember that. I believe you, but don't remember.

> We also
> said that externalizing the list of bootstrap native libraries was
> probably a Good Thing.

Maybe we use this as the motivator to get that done?

geir

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
No objection to upgrading; however, as we concluded the last time we
spoke about this we will need to make a corresponding change to the VMs
so they know to load the new version of the ICU native library. We also

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Posted by Mikhail Markov <mi...@gmail.com>.