Posted to user@trafodion.apache.org by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn> on 2015/10/30 01:17:40 UTC

答复: Trafodion Cluster Configurations Currently Supported

Thanks Amanda,

This is a very helpful summary!

For Scenario 2, if the Hadoop cluster have n0, n1, n2, n3, totally 4 nodes. Where n0 is management node, which has no HBase RegionServer., while n1,n2,n3 are all HBase Region Server, can we install Trafodion on only n1, n2 , not on n3?
IMHO, this is not a reasonable installation, so I just want to check if this is considered or not? Since we have to copy coprocessors jar to ALL RegionServer nodes, otherwise, n3’s region cannot open and sit idle, after we change the hbase-site.xml during Trafodion installation.

Thanks,
Ming

Posted by Amanda Moran <am...@esgyn.com>.
Trafodion should be installed on all or a subset of HBase nodes.

If n0 and n1 were both management nodes (with no HBase) then we would want to install on n2 and n3.

Trafodion doesn't have to be installed on all HBase nodes, but every trafodion node must have HBase.

Sent from my iPhone