Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johan Iskandar <Jo...@ag-it.com> on 2007/06/13 18:16:18 UTC

RE: used to be A getting started user behind proxy under win xp problem?

  <proxies>
    <proxy>
      <active>true</active>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <host>www-proxy.ag-it.com</host>
      <port>8080</port>
      <id>agit</id>
    </proxy>
  </proxies>

Sorry these lines should have been

  <proxies>
    <proxy>
      <active>true</active>
      <protocol>http</protocol>
      <host>www-proxy.corporate.com</host>
      <port>8080</port>
      <id>corporate</id>
    </proxy>
  </proxies>

:D

I don't know what was wrong with my first settings.xml but when I used
the settings from hibernate site and ran this line, it somehow worked..
:) don't know why..
mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=mavenbook -DartifactId=my-app -U -X -e

I'm terribly sure it wasn't the proxy settings..:-/

Re: used to be A getting started user behind proxy under win xp problem?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
As Wendy said in the other thread...

>... and after you do that, add -U on the command line to force
> Maven to check for updates.
>
> The default update policy is once per day, and as far as Maven
> is concerned, it already checked today, even though it failed.

Wayne