Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Andreas Kuckartz <a....@ping.de> on 2014/02/22 07:32:21 UTC

Debian Re: Marmotta available from the Linked Data Stack

Andreas Kuckartz:
> I am also using Debian unstable. When will the packages become available
> in the repositories?

Sorry, a decisive word was missing: When will the packages become
available in the *Debian* repositories?

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: GSoC project? Re: Debian Re: Marmotta available from the Linked Data Stack

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <a....@ping.de>.
Sergio Fernández:
> On 24/02/14 16:27, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
>> Sergio Fernández:
>>> Having a package in the official Debian repositories it's another story.
>>> I know some Debian Developers that could sponsor the package. But for
>>> that we'd need polish some details that are more strict there.
>>>
>>> If the community finds such option interesting, I could spend some time
>>> working on such option, but we have to be aware of the effort.
>>
>> Maybe these two RFP issues are something for one GSoC project ?
>>
>> RFP marmotta - Apache Marmotta, Open Platform for Linked Data
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=739957
>>
>> RFP: stanbol -- Apache Stanbol components for semantic content management
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=695987
>
> That's great! Let's see if any DD takes up those RFC. If not, having
> both Stanbol and Marmotta via the Linked Data stack repos is more than
> enough.
>
> But... do you thing such task has enough entity for a GSoC project? Not
> sure...

That probably is not a fundamental problem. Great documentation, test
automation etc. could be a requirement for such a project.

But I have been reminded today that Debian does not like GSoC
packaging-projects for a simple reason: Based on past experiences it is
unlikely that students will continue maintaining packages after the end
of their GSoC-work. And such work should have some lasting effect.

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <a....@ping.de>.
Sergio Fernández:

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Hi,

--
Sergio Fernández
Senior Researcher

Re: GSoC project? Re: Debian Re: Marmotta available from the Linked Data Stack

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Hi,

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <a....@ping.de>.
Sergio Fernández:

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <a....@ping.de>.
Sergio Fernández:

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Andreas,

On 22/02/14 07:32, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
>> I am also using Debian unstable. When will the packages become available
>> in the repositories?
>
> Sorry, a decisive word was missing: When will the packages become
> available in the *Debian* repositories?

So far we did not discuss such option. I've just pushed the packages to
stack.linkeddata.org, for then having an easier way to install Marmotta
on Debian systems. But that's just an unofficial repository, as many
others, but particularly focused on Linked Data tools.