Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/16 15:47:26 UTC

HBase Amazon EC2 Image?

Hello all,

I know that there are pre-built AMI's that are pre-configured for
Hadoop. The scripts in the Hadoop's src/contrib/ec2/bin directory make
it trivial to startup Hadoop clusters of various size. Does anyone
know if there is an image that also automatically sets up HBase as
well? If not, my only option is to create my own custom AMI that has
Hadoop/HBase on it and automatically start them up?

Thanks,
Ryan

RE: HBase Amazon EC2 Image?

Posted by Jim Kellerman <Ji...@microsoft.com>.
There are no pre-built AMI's for HBase. If you do make one,
would you be willing to contribute it?

---
Jim Kellerman, Powerset (Live Search, Microsoft Corporation)

Re: HBase Amazon EC2 Image?

Posted by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the pointers. I was mostly curious more than anything at
this point, since I'm still playing around with HBase locally.

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: HBase Amazon EC2 Image?

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.