Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Felipe Jaekel <fk...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/17 21:09:09 UTC

Start MyFaces on demand?

I'm working in a JAX-RS project, it has a configuration page in JSP that I
would like to change to JSF.

As this page is rarely used, basically only when the project is first
deployed, I'd like to be able to start MyFaces only when this paged is
accessed to avoid unnecessary server resources consumption.

I tried to remove the the load-on-startup parameter from the FacesServlet,
but I keep seeing MyFaces output on the server startup.

Is it possible to do or I don't have to worry about resources consumption
in this case?

Thanks

Re: Start MyFaces on demand?

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Don't worry about resource consumption. It is not a necessary. The code
only loads the necessary classes and its memory footprint is minimal.
Instead, you can reduce the size of some caches, usually affected by web
config parameters. The effect will be minimal in any case.