Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Tom Ray [Lists]" <li...@blazestudios.com> on 2007/03/02 16:36:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Security Question

This really isn't a Apache per se but I'm going to guess that many of
you have dealt with this problem in the past and I could use some
advice. I'm having issues with people trying to hack my box. They are
coming in through php scripts on sites that have 777 directories. I've
done a lot to make sure people no longer have 777 directories but I was
wondering something. The two biggest offenders had their Class C's then
the Class B's and now I'm up to Class A's (41.0.0.0/8 and 196.0.0.0/8
from Rabat and North Morocco) both Class A's belong to the same company
but they are worthless in help.

My question is this, is there a database or a website that has the
biggest trouble IP Networks that I could use? Or better yet just foreign
IPs like Morocco or most Asian countries? I'd rather block'em and deal
with the one or two legits that need access to my network (which is
beyond rare from that side of the world)