Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shashank Agarwal <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/17 00:49:44 UTC

Reg: Error with "ant compile-contrib -Dlibhdfs=1 -Dfusedfs=1"

Hi,

I am trying to run this build target with libhdfs and fusedfs flags. But the
build fails and I get
----------------------
/home/shashank/Desktop/LabWork/hadoop-0.20.0/build.xml:497: The following
error occurred while executing this line:
/home/shashank/Desktop/LabWork/hadoop-0.20.0/src/contrib/build.xml:30: The
following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/shashank/Desktop/LabWork/hadoop-0.20.0/src/contrib/fuse-dfs/build.xml:54:
exec returned: 1
---------------------------------

I visited several threads for the fix, but nothing worked.
Based on suggestions I did
"ant compile-c++-libhdfs -Dislibhdfs=1" followed by ant package.
And then "ant compile-contrib -Dlibhdfs=1 -Dfusedfs=1"
Everything worked fine, but I got stuck on the above mentioned error.
Some threads suggested that I should includ the /usr/local/lib in
/etc/ld.so.conf . I did that as well, but no luck.

I tried on hadoop 0.20.0 and 0.20.1.

Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks