Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Anshul Gangwar <an...@citrix.com> on 2015/06/09 08:49:54 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] iSCSI and HA support in Hyper-V

Can somebody have a look at pull request https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/351 and merge it.

After these changes new user have to create a separate zone for failover clustering on Hyper-V as failover clustering will not work properly with mixed zone i.e. some hosts in failover cluster and some are not. After this either all hosts should be failover cluster in a zone or none in failover cluster is zone. Mixing them will lead to unexpected behaviours. More details are available in FS https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/iSCSI+and+HA+support+in+Hyper-V.

Thanks,
Anshul

On 29-May-2015, at 4:08 pm, Anshul Gangwar <an...@citrix.com>> wrote:

Have updated the FS with more details.

Code is available for review at https://github.com/anshul1886/cloudstack-1/tree/hyperv-fccsv in hyperv-fccsv branch.

Regards,
Anshul

On 07-May-2015, at 4:07 pm, Anshul Gangwar <an...@citrix.com>> wrote:

Daan,
Its using existing framework. Its similar to VMware in implementation for HA of VMs and for CSV its using the existing PreSetup storage type. It has mainly the agent side changes which are specific to Hyper-V.

Regards,
Anshul

On 07-May-2015, at 2:28 pm, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Anshul,

Good thing to work on. Can you include parallels and references to other
hypervisors. I would not like to see this implemented in every hypervisor
in a different way. We are creating or rather extending technical debt if
we don't unify the way this is implemented across hypervisors.

cc'ing some known stakeholders

Op do 7 mei 2015 om 10:06 schreef Anshul Gangwar <an...@citrix.com>
:

Hi,

I would like to propose the iSCSI and HA support in Hyper-V feature. With
this feature we will be adding support for Failover clustering in Hyper-V
which will enable us to utilize the native HA and CSV support provided by
the Hyper-V. With addition of CSV we can support any storage option
including iSCSI which is supported by Hyper-V.

Please review FS for feature located at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/iSCSI+and+HA+support+in+Hyper-V
and let me know your comments.

Regards,