Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Ryan, Brent" <BR...@cvent.com> on 2013/09/05 16:39:06 UTC

JSON update request handler & commitWithin

I'm prototyping a search product for us and I was trying to use the "commitWithin" parameter for posting updated JSON documents like so:

curl -v 'http://localhost:8983/solr/proposal.solr/update/json?commitWithin=10000' --data-binary @rfp.json -H 'Content-type:application/json'

However, the commit never seems to happen as you can see below there are still 2 docsPending (even 1 hour later).  Is there a trick to getting this to work with submitting to the json update request handler?
[cid:483C4A1C-D20D-4AAB-822E-DFCA03026572]

Re: JSON update request handler & commitWithin

Posted by Jason Hellman <jh...@innoventsolutions.com>.
They have modified the mechanisms for committing documents…Solr in DSE is not stock Solr...so you are likely encountering a boundary where stock Solr behavior is not fully supported.

I would definitely reach out to them to find out if they support the request.

Posted by "Ryan, Brent" <BR...@cvent.com>.

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.