Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by matt22 <s1...@zoznam.sk> on 2010/07/08 07:14:54 UTC

Multiple Components in
Hi,
Is it possible to render list of component in delegate?
<t:delegate to="list of components" ...

or create new block and add component to the new block(and render the block
in delegate)?

thanks

Re: Multiple Components in Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.
tapestry does not support dynamic component creation...  for good reason

please search the user list for "static structure, dynamic behaviour" to
get more
information on that.

g,
kris

Von:    matt22 <s1...@zoznam.sk>
An:     users@tapestry.apache.org
Datum:  08.07.2010 15:39
Betreff:        Re: Multiple Components in <t:delegate ...

hmmm, yes...
But I want to insert components dynamically, in class:

TML:
<t:delegate to="listOfComponents" ...

JAVA:
Block getListOfComponents(){
  //here i must create block with some elements...
}

How to do it?

Re: Multiple Components in Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:38:51 -0300, matt22 <s1...@zoznam.sk> wrote:

> hmmm, yes...
> But I want to insert components dynamically, in class:
>
> TML:
> <t:delegate to="listOfComponents" ...
>
> JAVA:
> Block getListOfComponents(){
>   //here i must create block with some elements...
> }
>
> How to do it?

Two suggestions:

1) Implement a RenderCommand that adds the Blocks to the RenderQueue and
return it in getListOfComponents(). You'll need to cast the blocks to
RenderCommand.

2) Implement a component that receives the blocks to be rendered. It's
beginRender() method will return the current block (Tapestry will render
it) and your afterRender() method will return false if not all blocks were
rendered yet.

As Kristian said, you can't instantiate components yourself, but you can
render them dinamically.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor