Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com> on 2013/03/19 15:57:11 UTC

Re: Need your help with Hadoop

You'd probably want to recheck your configuration of dfs.data.dir on the
node16 (perhaps its overriding the usual default), to see if it is perhaps
including more dirs than normal (and they may be all on the same disks as
well, the DN counts space via du/df on each directory so the number can
grow that way).

Also, please direct usage questions to user@hadoop.apache.org community,
which I've included in my response :)

--
Harsh J

Re: Need your help with Hadoop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Use dfs.data.dir if you are on a 1.x or 0.20.x based release. Use
dfs.datanode.data.dir if you are on a 2.x release. The property applies to
a DataNode as its name goes, and hence has to be present on ALL the
DataNodes' hdfs-site.xml.

Please also include the user list in your response, thanks! :)

--
Harsh J

Re: Need your help with Hadoop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.