Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by James Godrej <ja...@yahoo.in> on 2011/02/24 07:06:58 UTC

[users@httpd] using Apache as a front end to AOLServer ProxyPass issues

Here is a site you can check http://openacs.openitup.in
which is working perfectly.The internal machine on LAN hosts
an application known as OpenACS (which runs on AOLServer)
http://openacs.org/xowiki/ubuntu

now the machine which faces internet is having Apache.
I have configured Apache reverse proxy for this OpenACS application and the
Apache
vhost entries are

<VirtualHost *:80 >
        ServerName openacs.openitup.in
        ProxyRequests off
        <Proxy *>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
        </Proxy>
        ProxyPreserveHost On
        ProxyPass / http://192.168.1.19:8000/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.1.19:8000/
</VirtualHost>

So currently this is acessible on internet.
Now begins the problem when I login to the above site then in the browser URL
I see http://openacs.openitup.in:8000
now at gateway port 8000 is not open and I feel with above ProxyPass
configuration this problem should not come
I close the browser and see http://openacs.openitup.in
I see myself logged in same is the case when I am logging out.
So what I want to know from list is if my Apache Proxy configuration here needs
to be improved?
Or in case some more information is needed to understand this problem let me
know.