Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Mick Davies <mi...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/19 09:20:43 UTC

Re: Will higher order functions in spark SQL be pushed upstream?

Hi,
Regarding higher order functions

> Yes, we intend to contribute this to open source.

It doesn't look like this is in 2.3.0, at least I can't find it.

Do you know when it might reach open source.

Thanks

Mick

Re: Will higher order functions in spark SQL be pushed upstream?

Posted by Michael Davies <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Herman,

That’s great and thanks for quick reply. The JIRA has an example of transform and refers to a presto doc with lots of functions. Do you know which functions will be supported. I am interested in using filter for example.

Cheers

Mick