Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Anthony Ananich <an...@inpun.com> on 2013/02/04 15:50:15 UTC

Update Handler: unique property

Hi!

I have a database of documents like that:
{
    "_id" : "37686beb8d65e74665af55e69801a62c",
    "ip"  : "192.168.1.1",
    "mac" : "01:23:45:67:89:ab"
}
And I have a design doc with update handler. How can I check if a new
document have an unique mac address? Is it possible in CouchDB? If no,
than do any walkarounds  exist?

Thanks!
Anthony

Re: Update Handler: unique property

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Only the _id is unique, so you could put the MAC address in your _id
or as your _id.

B.

Posted by Johannes Jörg Schmidt <sc...@netzmerk.com>.
Uniqueness can only be enforced for _id. Use the MAC address as _id.

g jo