Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Tiwari, Sunil Kumar" <c_...@qualcomm.com> on 2006/02/07 02:50:09 UTC

How to alter the portlet layout?

Hi,

How to change the height and width of a portlet window in jetspeed2
portal?

Thanks,
Sunil

Re: How to alter the portlet layout?

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Tiwari, Sunil Kumar z 2006-02-07 05:27 brzmiala:

> Thanks for replying to my query. Could you guide me in adding a new macro for achieving this feature?
> Could you tell me which macro is responsible for fixing the default height and width of the portlet window?
The area where portlet-type fragments are located and rendered is
processed between header.vm and footer.vm macros from the layout
decorator. If you want to control this process, see the
decorateAndInclude(ContentFragment) method in
org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerToolImpl, the templates and
layouts. Sorry, I cannot give you much information on this topic.

Further, the portlet-type fragments are rendereded with a decorator.vm
code called subsequently for each of them. The default file is located
in $JETSPEED_HOME/decorations/portlet directory. You can override in it
with your custom decorator by placing your decorator.vm in your porltet
decorator directory (I think I've noticed some problems with overriding
the default one, but I didn't put much attention to this - you must test
it yourself). Possibly you wouldn't need a custom portlet decorator, I
guess. Depending on how much you manage to achieve in the previous step.

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com