Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by chris holt <ch...@valco-data.com> on 2005/01/11 00:00:33 UTC

Problem with Redirect when using SSL with Tomcat

I am using Tomcat 5.0.28 with Jetspeed 1.5 and I am having a problem
using SSL.
I have set the following in the web.xml file of jetspeed to force use of
SSL when talking to portal.

<security-constraint>
  <web-resource-collection>
   <web-resource-name>Entire Application</web-resource-name>
   <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </web-resource-collection>
  <user-data-constraint>
   <description>Constrain the entire application to force use of
HTTPS</description>
  </user-data-constraint>
 </security-constraint>

When the user goes to http://localhost:8080/jetspeed Tomcat correctly
redirects the browser to https://localhost:8443/jetspeed.
However, the anonymous user login page takes forever to come up, and
when it does come up the skin isn't working.  There is no borders, tab
controls, or anything.  I believe the problem has to do with the base
tag being <base href="https://mroadster:8080/jetspeed/">.  I can see why
this would make things slow because of all the redirects but I don't
understand why the stylesheet isn't working correctly.

However, if the user goes to https://localhost:8443/jetspeed/ everything
works fine.  Is there a why to get the $clink.External command to store
the redirected URL instead.

Thanks,

Chris