Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Matías Giovannini <ma...@k-bell.com> on 2003/07/01 19:53:11 UTC

Re: Velocity Numerics: Floating Point Literals

On Sunday, June 29, 2003, at 02:57  PM, Will Glass-Husain wrote:

> It's not featuritis.  It's a simple change to the (currently
> non-committed)
> floating point literal format.  It will add 3 characters to the regular
> expression and 1 line to the floating point node.  I'd be happy to
> support
> this minor language syntax as I will support the floating point literal
> syntax in general.

Fine, except it should be a postfix unary operator and not part of the
number syntax. Although not very sensical, regularity asks for this to
be the same:

75%
75 %
.75E2%

And then, why not have per mille (‰) and degree (°) too?

I just don't like it.

Matías.