Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by "i." <is...@jpmktg.com> on 2001/08/13 19:45:32 UTC

Help dir_config problem

I keep getting this in my error log along with sporadic Internal Server
Errors:

[Mon Aug 13 10:45:36 2001] [error] Can't call method "dir_config" on an
undefined value at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Apache/ASP.pm line
136.

It is similar to a problem I saw in the archives about a bad mod_perl build,
but It doesn't seem like that could be the problem in this case. Any help
would be great. Thanks.

Isaac

Re: Help dir_config problem

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
"i." wrote:

> I keep getting this in my error log along with sporadic Internal Server
> Errors:
>
> [Mon Aug 13 10:45:36 2001] [error] Can't call method "dir_config" on an
> undefined value at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Apache/ASP.pm line
> 136.
>
> It is similar to a problem I saw in the archives about a bad mod_perl build,
> but It doesn't seem like that could be the problem in this case. Any help
> would be great. Thanks.

Sounds like a DSO build that's not quite working... try
rebuilding your modperl from scratch compiled statically.

There's a file make_httpd/build_httpds.sh in the Apache::ASP
distribution that you can use that might help with this.

--Josh