Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Robert Bowen <sy...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/30 15:50:01 UTC

html:link and bean:include with paramters?

Hello all. I am trying to do two different things, but essentially both require sending parameters, one using the Struts html:link tag, and the other using the Struts bean:include tag.

I have two beans, user and module. I would like to pass user.idCourse and module.id to both of these tags, dynamically. From what I have seen, the bean:include tag doesn't even allow parameters. If I do:

<bean:include forward="myStrutsForward" />

... I can't send it parameters. And with html:link I have tried to do something like:

... but it doesn't work. It works with one set of paramName / paramProperty tags, but not with two. I have also tried JUST putting paramName ... Supposedly this will pass all the properties in the bean. But I need properties from two different beans!

If anyone can help me out with this, I would be greatly in your debt! The Struts documentation has not been very helpful, and I can't seem to find anything like this in the mailing listarchives ...

Many thanks in advance,
syg