Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Pa...@lotus.com on 2000/11/14 16:41:10 UTC

Re: XRTreeFrag and XNodeSet

>Even though Xalan builds fine with the current version of Xerces, it
>does seem to have this runtime problem.  When I used Xerces 1.2.0,
>everything ran fine.  Can you try it with Xerces 1.2.0 and see if it
>works for you?  I didn't follow all of the Xerces code but they've made
>several changes for DOM 2 recently (ie yesterday) so hopefully they've
>fixed this problem.

Gary,

We're attempting to get Xalan 1.2.1 out today.  Is it plausible to
fix the nodeset function or are you advocating waiting for a follow
on point release of xerces.

Paul

Re: XRTreeFrag and XNodeSet

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Paul_Dick@lotus.com wrote:

> >Even though Xalan builds fine with the current version of Xerces, it
> >does seem to have this runtime problem.  When I used Xerces 1.2.0,
> >everything ran fine.  Can you try it with Xerces 1.2.0 and see if it
> >works for you?  I didn't follow all of the Xerces code but they've made
> >several changes for DOM 2 recently (ie yesterday) so hopefully they've
> >fixed this problem.
>
> Gary,
>
> We're attempting to get Xalan 1.2.1 out today.  Is it plausible to
> fix the nodeset function or are you advocating waiting for a follow
> on point release of xerces.
>
> Paul

Number 2.  This is a problem with XalanJ2, not XalanJ1.  And there's
really nothing we can do about it.  Xerces internally was loading a
class which didn't implement all the required methods from the interface
which it implemented.  The interface must have been changed after the
class was compiled.

Gary