Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Nanda <hi...@hitechengineer.com> on 2004/05/26 07:56:56 UTC

imported stylesheets

Does cocoon 2.1.x automatically reload the stylesheets (both main and
the ones imported in them) when they are modified? I remember there
was a problem with Cocoon 1.8.2 where changes to imported stylesheets
did not take effect until the stylesheets that import them are
manually touched.

If reloading is supported for main and imported stylesheets, are there
configuration options to enable and disable reloading?
Thanks
Nanda
---
hiteche@hitechengineer.com

Re: imported stylesheets

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 26.05.2004 07:56, Nanda wrote:

> Does cocoon 2.1.x automatically reload the stylesheets (both main and
> the ones imported in them) when they are modified? I remember there
> was a problem with Cocoon 1.8.2 where changes to imported stylesheets
> did not take effect until the stylesheets that import them are
> manually touched.
>
> If reloading is supported for main and imported stylesheets, are there
> configuration options to enable and disable reloading?

Yes, changes in imported stylesheets are taken into account. But when I
worked with stylesheets hierarchies in rare cases it did not work and I
had to do a touch on the root stylesheet.

The behaviour is also configurable in the
map:components/map:transformers section of the sitemap. An additional
element <check-includes> changes the behaviour, it defaults to true.

Joerg