Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Da...@lotus.com on 2000/08/16 18:24:22 UTC

Re: Solaris and Xalan

The first problem I see here is that Sun has posted Xalan code on their web
site that is not officially part of Xalan-C++ yet.  We're in the process of
integrating the changes that they've made into CVS, but we have to sort out
a bunch of Solaris and compiler version issues before this can happen.

Since Sun posted the code, perhaps you should ask them to support it.  I
have no desire to encourage people to work from this code.

Dave

                    "Eric Yip"
                    <ericyip@hotm        To:     general@xml.apache.org
                    ail.com>             cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)
                                         Subject:     Solaris and Xalan
                    08/16/2000
                    11:22 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    general

Hi all,

Is this the correct mailing list to ask for technical help?

Assuming it is:  I downloaded Xalan C++ (source code) from Sun's web site,
and I couldn't get it to compile on Solaris 7.   I know Sun posted the code

for Solaris 8, but I hope we can get the code to work on our current v7
environment.

Appended below is the error message.   Anyone has any idea, or know where I

can get more info or help?   I checked the map header file installed with
SC5.0, and it seems to match.  I can't figure out what's causing the
compilation errors.

Thank you.
Eric

----------------------------
/home/eyip/xml-xalan/bin CC -O -KPIC -mt -xs
-ptr/home/eyip/xml-xalan/obj -features=rtti -DSOLARIS -D_REENTRANT -c
-I. -I/home/eyip/xml-xerces/src/ -o
/home/eyip/xml-xalan/obj/AttributeListImpl.o
PlatformSupport/AttributeListImpl.cpp
"PlatformSupport/AttributeListImpl.cpp", line 149: Error: Could not find a
match for
std::map<const wchar_t*,
            AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*,
            less_null_terminated_arrays<wchar_t>,
            std::allocator<std::pair<const wchar_t*const,
AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*>>>::insert(
                     std::pair<const wchar_t*,
AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*>).

"PlatformSupport/AttributeListImpl.cpp", line 369: Error: Could not find
a match for

std::map<const wchar_t*,
            AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*,
            less_null_terminated_arrays<wchar_t>,
            std::allocator<std::pair<const wchar_t*const,
            AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*>>>::insert(
                     std::pair<const wchar_t*,
AttributeListImpl::AttributeVectorEntry*>).

2 Error(s) detected. make: ***
[/home/eyip/xml-xalan/obj/AttributeListImpl.o] Error 2