Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Keen Tim <Ti...@nrm.qld.gov.au> on 2002/03/01 06:55:27 UTC

RE: Displaying characters in PDF

Well, I've finally had a chance to look at this. Here's what happened:

FWIW I'm using FOP 0.20.3 (the latest binary release).

If I try an encoding of 'cp1252' or 'windows-1252' in the xml file I get
an error saying that the encoding is not supported. Not happy with this
I added the latest xerces.jar (1.4.4) to CLASSPATH and it worked with an
encoding of 'windows-1252'. The same happened when I added
xercesImpl.jar (Xerces-2.0.0) to CLASSPATH.

Thank you Rainer, once again, for your help with this problem.

I've copied this to the dev list so a developer can pick this up and
change whatever it is they need to change if they so desire.

Cheers

Tim