Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by BTH <bj...@googlemail.com> on 2007/10/12 14:26:32 UTC

PSML refering systemwide files?

Hello,

I want to store page metadata like "title" and the specific language
variants in a single global file to increase the flexibility when it comes
to changes in the portal.
Plus I want the user pages to depent on user roles - with the ability of
dynamic changes.

Is there a way to refer to a global file? The user/group/role parameter
prevents me from making system-wide references.

Is there a better way to handle easy changes of already existing user pages?

Thank you,

BTH

Re: PSML refering systemwide files?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Oct 15, 2007, at 12:27 AM, BTH wrote:

> Hello David,
>
> thank you for your quick and good answer.
> Do you have any ideas how the language-title-thing could be solved
> byself
> using a current version?
Take a look at the Tigris decorator
We set the <title> there. Just don't reference the page title, and
set it globally:

     <title>#PageTitle()</title>

Re: PSML refering systemwide files?

Posted by BTH <bj...@googlemail.com>.
Hello David,

thank you for your quick and good answer.
Do you have any ideas how the language-title-thing could be solved byself
using a current version?

Thanks.

--BTH

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Oct 12, 2007, at 5:26 AM, BTH wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to store page metadata like "title" and the specific language
> variants in a single global file to increase the flexibility when
> it comes
> to changes in the portal.

The title comes from the page. If you don;t supply a title element
then it uses the actual page name (without .psml)
This would have to be an enhancement. I think it is a valid request

> Plus I want the user pages to depent on user roles - with the
> ability of
> dynamic changes.

Thats vague, but you can put <role> constraints on both folders and
pages in page.security like:

   <security-constraints-def name="admin">
     <security-constraint>
       <roles>admin</roles>
       <permissions>view, edit, edit_defaults</permissions>
     </security-constraint>
   </security-constraints-def>
   <global-security-constraints-ref>admin</global-security-
constraints-ref>

and then reference it on a page or folder
   <security-constraints>
     <security-constraints-ref>public-view</security-constraints-ref>
   </security-constraints>

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software