Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/19 10:32:29 UTC

JavaScript mediator

Paul and I met up last week and did some coding for the JavaScript support
based on your existing mediators and some JavaScript code we already had in
Tuscany. I'm now looking at committing this to Synapse but wonder where it
should go as there's several places with the existing mediators - all the
ones in the modules/core,  a couple in modules/mediators,  and some in
modules/extensions.  Within modules/extensions for some mediators the pkg
naming is o.a.s.mediators.xxx, for others its o.a.s.mediators.ext.xxx.

Right now i have the JavaScript stuff in modules/extensions in a pkg named
o.a.s.mediators.javascript, is this ok?

If you check Synapse out as a single eclipse project there's a compile error
as there's two classes named o.a.s.TestMessageContext, how do others do
this, is there a special way to set Synapse up with eclipse?

   ...ant

Re: JavaScript mediator

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Ant

Great to hear about the Javascript mediator!
> a couple in modules/mediators,
This is no longer in use.. and hence I removed this just now

>   and some in modules/extensions.  Within modules/extensions for some
> mediators the pkg naming is o.a.s.mediators.xxx, for others its
> o.a.s.mediators.ext.xxx.
>
> Right now i have the JavaScript stuff in modules/extensions in a pkg
> named o.a.s.mediators.javascript, is this ok?
Yes, this is fine.. we need to clean up the package hierarchy a bit..

> If you check Synapse out as a single eclipse project there's a compile
> error as there's two classes named o.a.s.TestMessageContext, how do
> others do this, is there a special way to set Synapse up with eclipse?
I have done a temporary hack to be able to depend on the test source of
the core module by the test sources of the extensions.. will make a
proper fix soon. Please check if this compiles correctly on eclipse now.

thanks
asankha