Posted to dev@fluo.apache.org by Kenneth McFarland <ke...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/28 02:13:15 UTC

Security

This is Kenny. I've been the victim of theft, my stuff got ripped off and
someone was trying to impersonate me. It could be an ex friend but I'm
trying to log back into apache and secure everything. Please disregard the
spam about me.

Its rough, I lost everything including my phone and wallet. The stress of
the entire situation put me into the hospital. I have a new drivers license.

I really want to keep kennethmcfarland@apache.org im just having to reset a
bunch of stuff and it points at a compromised email address. I let google
save my passwords so im trying to get my stuff switched asap.

I am trying to assess what other machines have my credentials before I ask
to get a full reset. I really want to keep my email address.

on the good side, ill eventually have everything squared away and I'm
really looking forward to that so I can spend some time on the webindex
project.

Sincerely,
Kenneth

Re: Security

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
No problem. The project is here when you've got everything recovered. Worst
case scenario (regarding Fluo), is that you create a new identity for
yourself and then you continue to contribute and we vote you in a second
time. 😜

But seriously, I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope you get everything
sorted out without too much difficulty. 2FA is definitely a must have.

Re: Security

Posted by Kenneth McFarland <ke...@gmail.com>.
PS: