Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aymeric Alibert <ay...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/23 19:33:02 UTC

[m2] Maven newbie and JBoss development

I am new to Maven 2 and trying to figure out the best way to boost
development productivity with Maven2/JBoss.
Using Ant and Tomcat, I would use exploded WARs and let Tomcat reload
the JSPs (when ant copy jsp file changes to the tomcat webapps
directory) or reload the application when a class is modified.
Now with Maven, I don't see how I can set it up to deploy an exploded
war to the JBoss 'server/deploy' directory. Looking at the JBoss
plugs-in, it only works with archived artifacts and I don't want to
rebuild/redeploy a WAR or EAR when I just need to update a JSP.

Any advise is welcome,

Thanks,

Aymeric

Re: [m2] Maven newbie and JBoss development

Posted by Serge Emmanuel Pagop <se...@googlemail.com>.
Take a look of Cargo in Codehaus

On 4/23/06, Aymeric Alibert <ay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to Maven 2 and trying to figure out the best way to boost
> development productivity with Maven2/JBoss.
> Using Ant and Tomcat, I would use exploded WARs and let Tomcat reload
> the JSPs (when ant copy jsp file changes to the tomcat webapps
> directory) or reload the application when a class is modified.
> Now with Maven, I don't see how I can set it up to deploy an exploded
> war to the JBoss 'server/deploy' directory. Looking at the JBoss
> plugs-in, it only works with archived artifacts and I don't want to
> rebuild/redeploy a WAR or EAR when I just need to update a JSP.
>
> Any advise is welcome,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aymeric

Serge Emmanuel Pagop