Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Christian Kreutz <sc...@gmx.de> on 2003/04/29 18:39:40 UTC

delete

Hi,

why is there no delete option in anyone
of these publications?
Once an article is in live modus there
is no way of changing or deleting it?

Chris

Re: delete

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org>.
Christian Kreutz wrote:

>Hi,
>
>why is there no delete option in anyone
>of these publications?

This might startle you a bit, but this "feature" has not been written yet.
It would be similar to the current "Creator" implementation. For the
case of the
filesystem it would be very simple.
But I think we should refactor it and think about a nice architecture.
There are several issues to consider:

1) data abstraction layer (could be realized via Apache Slide)
2) independent of interface (web, app or command line)
3) should allow more sophistication than just creating and deleting (plz
see my answer to your next question below)
4) anything else?

>Once an article is in live modus there
>is no way of changing or deleting it?

well, you can change things: just (re)edit it within Authoring area and
then (re)publish it.

Concerning "deleting". If some content went live,  then you should have
at least three options:

1) depublish it (for instance periodical announcements, which shouldn't
be live all the time)
2) archive it (for instance Newspaper article for legal reasons)
3) throw it into the trash (after deleting the trash it will be gone
forever)

Any help on (more) use-cases, architecture and implementation is very
much appreciated.

Thanks

Michael