Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Behrad <be...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/19 12:16:38 UTC

View generation in continues write loads

Howdy Couchee's,
I'm running on version 1.3.1 in one of our production deployments where I
occasionally see view file (which is located under mrview directory) not
being updated and VIEW requests (without stale parameter) return
inconsistent responses.
Killing CouchDB (it doesn't stop because of many open long lived `couchjs`
processes) and removing .view files and restarting CouchDB makes thinks
working till a few days.
I also doubt that some of my docs get updated however all PUTs get 200
repsonse.
It seems to me that CouchDB is not syncing with disk in write-load.

In my environment there are 100-200 PUTs + 100-200 view calls every 3-5
seconds.
For each incoming event we do a HEAD to fetch existing revision, then a PUT
to update the doc, and finally a GET to a view to read related event data.
So each event does a PUT, and GET on a view of the same DB.
I don't think these are numbers that bother CouchDB's view generation not
to caught up with 200 writes/3secs.

Is there any conf I can tune with?

--
--Behrad