Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Scott Deboy <Sc...@VirtualDesign.Net> on 2003/05/05 21:35:50 UTC

Chainsaw update

Paul Smith continues to improve the usability of Chainsaw2 and I have
been working on adding functionality.

I've added receiver support for JDK1.4 java.util.logging event reception
using jdk1.4's SocketHandler and XMLFormatter (the default when using a
SocketHandler).

To support multiple XML formats used by the same receivers
(MulticastReceiver, UDPReceiver and XMLSocketReceiver), I have defined a
Decoder interface that supports both the Log4J DTD as well as JDK1.4's
logger dtd - add a 'decoder' param to the receiver and the that decoder
will be used to construct loggingevents from XML.