Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Temp Temp <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/09 15:11:41 UTC

Apache redirect

Hi All

Need help to trace how the redirect is happening

We have some static pages and dynamic pages (Using Python) and we are using
apache 2.2.15 (Unix Environment).

We have a URL to edit  product details. When this URL is used in the
intranet it is displaying the product details When the same URL is used on
Internet, It is redirecting to home page. Not sure where this redirect is
happening.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Naga

Re: Apache redirect

Posted by "André Warnier (tomcat)" <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
You should definitely go to an Apache https help list, or perhaps here :
http://modwsgi.readthedocs.io/en/develop/finding-help.html

I do not see any Rewrite or redirects in what you show below, although maybe the
AliasMatch below could be considered as a form of internal redirect (but not one going
back to the browser).
Nor do I see below anything which could explain a difference of behaviour depending on
where the client is coming from.

If you are adamant that there is no front-end proxy, and if what you show below is all
there is, then I must suspect that it is something at the level of mod_wsgi which treats
insiders and outsiders differently.  Maybe your python wsgi scripts expect some form of
authentication from outsiders, and send them back to the homepage if they don't pass
muster ? (and maybe the "WSGIPassAuthorization" below has something to do with that).
(I'm just guessing heavily here, I don't know mod_wsgi at all).

But again, this is the Tomcat Users list, and we don't want to be using their bandwidth
for dealing with issues for which the Apache httpd guys and the mod_wsgi guys are
certainly more up to par.
The comments above were made here just in a spirit of oecumenical and brotherly love for
our non-Tomcat Apache colleagues.

Re: Apache redirect

Posted by Temp Temp <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache redirect