Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@Covalent.NET> on 1998/09/11 18:07:29 UTC

Re: BeOS Port?

I'm not certain who did the port. I'll copy this mail to
new-httpd@apache.org to see if we can learn more.

Any patches that you have to correct the current issues you've
encountered will be reviewed for inclusion in the next release.

Thanks for using Apache.

--
Randy Terbush
Apache HTTP Project

Re: BeOS Port?

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@leland.Stanford.EDU>.
On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:

> According to Randy Terbush:
>
> >  I'm not certain who did the port.
>
> Alexei?

Yeah, that was me. But it probably doesn't work. For one thing, I did the
port against BeOS PR1; I updated it for PR2 (they changed some things that
broke the compile), but never comitted those changes. I have no idea where
the port is WRT the current version, or anything. And besides, although I
could compile it, I never knew if it actually worked, because the linker
that the BeOS shipped with is crippled, and I didn't pay the $199 for a
working version. I think there's a gcc toolchain now, but there wasn't
then.

But I no longer have a BeOS setup on my Mac (I needed the hard disk
space), so I'm afraid I won't be of any use here.

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@stanford.edu> <http://www.stanford.edu/~akosut/>

Re: BeOS Port?

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
Yea, I think so, but AFAIK it isn't going to work without some significant
changes.

eg. open file descriptors aren't inherited by a new process.

Re: BeOS Port?

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org>.
According to Randy Terbush: