Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/08/27 17:09:11 UTC

Bug Parade #3 Update

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> JIRAs that may not be considered as bugs :
> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-110 : Allow
> administrators to change and set passwords for users : This is not a
> major issue, but a major improvment. Can somebody states about this JIRA ?

This is related to changepw protocol and is not related to ApacheDS.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-177 : Bad filter makes
> filter parser hang rather than throw an exception : Well, not really a
> very good description of the problem, if any :) Status ?

Fixed and closed long time ago.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-178 : Embedded
> ApacheDS fails on parser exception if provider URL is an actual URL :
> Has it been fixed ? Status ?

Won't fix.  A URL is for including the host.domain:port info and since
our embedded provider is local there is no point to using a URL.  A dn
is sufficient.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-190 : Incorrect
> matched DN in the bind response (and others depending on the result
> code) : I think it has been fixed a long time ago. It needs a double check.

This has been fixed.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-331 : JAR File
> Contents Cause JBoss Deployer To Fail : Has it been fixed?

Still open.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-579 : Corrupt database
> causes server startup to fail: As Alex added a default "write on
> modification", flag, all the data will be written on disk as soon as
> they are created, modified or deleted. Is it enough ? Not sure. We may
> need to implement a kind of shadow pages to guarantee that the database
> is always correct, even if the server crash. In this case, the shadow
> pages are just discareded, and we will just loose them. If the pages are
> correctly written, then we can discard them, and consider that the
> database is ok. It has to be discussed further

The server's character is so different now with the synchOnWrite
features set as the default.  If there was buffer cache based corruption
that persisted to disk or did not to leave it inconsistent then this
problem will be gone.  If this problem occurs again we can open this
issue up but otherwise I'm closing it.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-588 : ldap server is
> never shut down, since ldapStarted flag is never set : status ?

patches applied and closed

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-599 : Can't compile
> long schema : We have aa workaround : split the file in more than one file

won't fix: we have a workaround (break up large schemas).  This is fine
temporarily until we revamp the schema subsystem in 1.1.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-682
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-682> : apacheds dump
> command - hangs very frequently : I think that PAM has rewritten the
> dump utility, and the issue may not show up again. To be tested...

still open

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-692 : server.xml needs
> fixing due to changed property name : I think I saw a commit about this
> issue? Comment ?

Fixed a long time ago.

> JIRAs that really need to be fixed for RC4 (12 remaining):
> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-169 : Incorrect
> SearchResult name and "compare" failure using CoreContextFactory : Seems
> to be a serious one. Something may have been forgotten when we switched
> to the new LdapDN.

Fixed last night and closed.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-309 : Decoder does no
> give sufficient information about errors so the LDAP server can respond
> with correct result code. : A very hairy one. We have had a convo with
> Alex about it, but it was before my acations. The idea was to create a
> specific exception that could be handled by the interceptors, instead of
> a DecoderException handled by Mina. To be fixed.

Still open.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-586 : Reliable hang of
> DS during query : This one should be analyzed thoroughly. Jörg as some
> more information about it. Seems to be MINA related ?

Still open.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-589 :
> DefaultDirectoryService nulls members BEFORE calling
> serviceListener.afterShutdown(this) : Should be easy to fix...

patches applied and closed

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-619 : NamingException
> messages are thrown away by MessageHandlers : This one should be fixed
> in minutes...

pathces applied and closed.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-624 : Concurrency
> problem when doing load tests : A tough one. Can we reproduce it? (I
> think we should reproduce it in a way we can understand what happens :
> we need a multi-cpu system, some data, a test we can run again and
> again, etc...)

Still open.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-663 : Problem creating
> subContext with a Name Object. : Ok, this should be easy to fix.

Fixed and closed.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-698 : Site: Issues-URL
> still points to DIREVE

Fixed and close.  New site needs to be deployed.  Ersin can you do this?

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-711 : Propagate the
> errors to the client if we get a DecoderException (was DIRSERVER-634) :
> This is related to DIRSERVER-634, but is a generalization

Still open.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-713 : Init shell
> script contains incompatible -X switch instead of -D for jmx console :
> Easy to fix ...

Fixed and closed.

> * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-715 : Unable to match
> entry by X.509 certificate