Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/01 06:15:25 UTC

Re: Is anyone running Hadoop 0.21.0 on Solaris 10 X64?

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:43 AM, XiaoboGu <gu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have trouble browsing the file system vi namenode web interface, namenode saying in log file that th –G option is invalid to get the groups for the user.

I thought this was not the case any more but hadoop forks to the 'id'
command to figure out the groups for a user. You need to make sure the
output is what hadoop is expecting.

Re: Is anyone running Hadoop 0.21.0 on Solaris 10 X64?

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.
I have done the required steps point by FAQ of hadoop
:http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#Why_do_files_and_directories_show_up_as_DrWho_and.2BAC8-or_user_names_are_missing.2BAC8-weird.3F

but the web interface of namenode still have problems:
1. The "Browse the filesystem" link in page
"http://solsvr:50070/dfshealth.jsp" can't be started.
2.  The "Go back to DFS home " link in page
http://solsvr:50075/browseDirectory.jsp?namenodeInfoPort=50070&dir=%2F,
points to "http://localhost:50070/dfshealth.jsp", which should be
"http://namenode-server:50070/dfshealth.jsp"

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.