Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff <pr...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/01 16:58:32 UTC

Re: maven-war-plugin: How to exclude src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml?

For use w/ Netbeans 7.2.1, if the web.xml is not present, then it assumes
the project is a JavaEE 6 project and won't let me deploy to Tomcat 6.
 However, my project is a JavaEE 5 project.

Also I have some customizations that I tell Enunciate to "Merge" with the
final web.xml.  Since I need the web.xml for Netbeans to correctly detect
my JavaEE version, I also included all my customization settings in that
file and tell enunciate to merge it thus killing 2 birds w/ one xml file.
 I just needed a way to tell maven-war-plugin to not use it.

I found that <warSourceExcludes>**/web.xml</warSourceExcludes> does work to
exclude the src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml file so I've been using that.

I guess I missed the nuance between warSourceExcludes and packagingExcludes.

Thanks!

--
Jeff Vincent
predatorvi@gmail.com

Re: maven-war-plugin: How to exclude src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 2:28 AM, Jeff <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found that <warSourceExcludes>**/web.xml</warSourceExcludes> does work to
> exclude the src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml file so I've been using that.
>
> I guess I missed the nuance between warSourceExcludes and packagingExcludes.

Thanks for posting back what you did to get it working.
That always makes google happy!