Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Sikora <sz...@op.pl> on 2004/11/11 20:34:53 UTC

error handling and subsitemaps (not easy case like in doc)

Hello ml users,

Consider this code:
=====================
root sitemap:
<map:match pattern="*/**">
<map:mount uri-prefix="{1}" check-reload="yes" src="{1}/sitemap.xmap" reload-method="synchron"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="*/**.html">
[...]
<map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/{1}/{2}" session="yes"/>
</map:match>

=====================
subsitemap :

<map:pipeline>
<map:match pattern="sth">
[...]
</map:match>
<map:handle-errors>
[...]
</map:handle-errors>
</map:pipeline>

Now, lets try this URL: "subsite/sth.html"; "sth" pipeline throws
exception but it will never reach handle-errors
block in subsitemap (I check it out), only error handler in root
sitemap; well, that becouse "*/**.html" pipeline is first matched;

It seems little stupid handling sub sitemap specific errors in
root sitemapt ...but I need to preserve such root and sub sm construction (*/**.html in
root, and specific pipelines in subsitemaps).
Any walkarounds to this problem ?

--
Best regards,
 Grzegorz

Re: error handling and subsitemaps (not easy case like in doc)

Posted by Grzegorz Sikora <sz...@op.pl>.
Hello ml users,

GS> It seems little stupid handling sub sitemap specific errors in
GS> root sitemapt ...but I need to preserve such root and sub sm construction (*/**.html in
GS> root, and specific pipelines in subsitemaps).
GS> Any walkarounds to this problem ?

And problem is "how to make Cocoon to use error handling blocks in
subsitemaps not in root sm)" , sorry that was missing :)

--
Best regards,
 Grzegorz