Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Arina Ielchiieva <ar...@apache.org> on 2017/10/09 13:08:11 UTC

[DISCUSS] Drill 1.12.0 release

Hi Drillers,

It's been several months since the last release and it is time to do the
next one. I am volunteering to be the release manager.

If there are any issues on which work is in progress, that you feel we
*must* include in the release, please post in reply to this thread. Based
on your input we'll define release cut off date.

Kind regards
Arina

Re: [DISCUSS] Drill 1.12.0 release

Posted by Paul Rogers <pr...@mapr.com>.
Hi Arina,

Though I would very much like to get DRILL-5832 and DRILL-5842 into master, I realize everyone is busy and there may not be time to review them. They can wait until after the release if necessary since they are primarily required for a 1.13 project.

Thanks,

- Paul

> On Oct 20, 2017, at 3:49 AM, Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Current status:
>
> Targeted for 1.12 release:
> DRILL-5832: Migrate OperatorFixture to use SystemOptionManager rather than
> mock (developer - Paul, code reviewer - ?) - waiting for the code review
> DRILL-5842: Refactor and simplify the fragment, operator contexts for
> testing (developer - Paul, code reviewer - ?) - waiting for the code review
> DRILL-5834: Adding network functions (developer - Charles, code reviewer -
> Arina) - waiting changes after code review
> DRILL-5337: OpenTSDB plugin (developer - Dmitriy, code reviewer -
> Arina) - waiting
> for the code review
> DRILL-5772: Enable UTF-8 support in query string by default (developer -
> Arina, code reviewer - Paul) - finalizing approach
> DRILL-4779: Kafka storage plugin support (developer - Anil, code reviewer -
> ?) - finishing implementation
>
> Under question:
> DRILL-4286: Graceful shutdown of drillbit (developer - Jyothsna, code
> reviewer - ?) - waiting for the status update from the developer
>
> Please free to suggest other items that are targeted for 1.12 release.
> There are many Jiras that have fix version marked as 1.12, it would be good
> if developers revisit them and update fix version to the actual one.
> Link to the dashboard -
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=185&projectKey=DRILL&view=detail
>

> Kind regards
> Arina
>

> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 2:42 AM, Parth Chandra <pa...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm waiting to merge the SSL  changes in. Waiting a couple of days more to
>> see if there are any more comments before I merge the changes in.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 10:28 AM, Paul Rogers <pr...@mapr.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Arina,
>>>
>>> In addition to my own PRs, there are several in the “active” queue that
>> we
>>> could get in if we can just push them over the line and clear the queue.
>>> The owners of the PRs should check if we are waiting on them to take
>> action.
>>>
>>> 977     DRILL-5849: Add freemarker lib to dependencyManagement to ensure
>>> prop…
>>> 976     DRILL-5797: Choose parquet reader from read columns
>>> 975     DRILL-5743: Handling column family and column scan for hbase
>>> 973     DRILL-5775: Select * query on a maprdb binary table fails
>>> 972     DRILL-5838: Fix MaprDB filter pushdown for the case of nested
>>> field (reg. of DRILL-4264)
>>> 950     Drill 5431: SSL Support
>>> 949     DRILL-5795: Parquet Filter push down at rowgroup level
>>> 936     DRILL-5772: Add unit tests to indicate how utf-8 support can be
>>> enabled / disabled in Drill
>>> 904     DRILL-5717: change some date time test cases with specific
>>> timezone or Local
>>> 892     DRILL-5645: negation of expression causes null pointer exception
>>> 889     DRILL-5691: enhance scalar sub queries checking for the cartesian

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.
All pending Jiras are merged. Starting release candidate preparation.

*Note for the committers:*
*until the release is not over and Drill version is not changed to
1.13.0-SNAPSHOT, please do not push any changes into Drill master. *

Kind regards
Arina

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 6:52 PM, Arina Yelchiyeva <

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.
Current status:

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.
Current status:

Posted by AnilKumar B <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arina,

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.
Current status:

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chunhui Shi <cs...@mapr.com>.
Hi Arina,

Could we consider to include DRILL-5089 in 1.12.0? It is about lazy loading schema for storage plugins. Could you or Paul take a look at the pull request for this JIRA https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1032? I think both of you are familiar with this part.

Thanks,

Chunhui

________________________________

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arina,

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.
Current status:

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.
Current status:

Posted by Parth Chandra <pa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul Rogers <pr...@mapr.com>.
Hi Arina,

Posted by Paul Rogers <pr...@mapr.com>.
Hi Arina,

I’d like to include the following that are needed to finish up the “managed” sort and spill-to-disk for hash agg:

#928: DRILL-5716: Queue-driven memory allocation
#958, DRILL-5808: Reduce memory allocator strictness for "managed" operators
#960, DRILL-5815: Option to set query memory as percent of total

The following is needed to resolve issues with HBase support in empty batches:

#968, DRILL-5830: Resolve regressions to MapR DB from DRILL-5546

#970, DRILL-5832: Migrate OperatorFixture to use SystemOptionManager rather than mock
#978: DRILL-5842: Refactor and simplify the fragment, operator contexts for testing

#921, foundation for batch size limitation

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arina,

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.