Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Omar Elprince <oe...@hotmail.com> on 2001/05/19 08:55:14 UTC

urgent

Hello Guys

We have a big problem here ...
we are working on connecting an oracle8i database with a java applications
using jdbc thin driver ...
our application is on solaris platform 2.6
with Tomcate 3.2.1 webserver
after implementing the code there was a complation problem with the
class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver);
the error message is
No method found matching forName(String).
taking in to concederation that the classpaths is

/apps0/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes:/apps0/tomcat/lib:/usr/j2se/lib:/usr/j2se/lib/dt.jar:/usr/netscape/suitespot/docs/project:/local/jdbc/lib/classes12.zip:/local/jdbc/lib:/local/sqlj/lib/translator.zip

Regards
Omar A. Elprince