Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/17 19:08:27 UTC

Ear deploys as an EJB JAR

Hi,

I tried to deploy my first ear into 2.1.3 and ran into the same problem as
http://www.nabble.com/Ear-deploys-as-an-EJB-JAR--td11589548s134.html#a11589548

ear is not listed in the console, ejb is under ejbs, but does not work.

Also, I found that the application.xml put by ant into METAINF of the ear is
not seen, I have to offer it as deployment plan to the console, then console
deploys the ear.

Thanks,
Juergen

Re: Ear deploys as an EJB JAR - cause found

Posted by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>.
OK, found the cause.

I was lazy and had an include name="*.xml" in build.xml, so my
application.xml also went into ... _ejb.jar\META-INF

I wonder why Geronimo should parse an application.xml within an ejb.jar.
Anybody else thinks, this is a Geronimo bug? Glassfish with verifier ignores
it.

Greetings,
Juergen

Re: Ear deploys as an EJB JAR

Posted by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com>.

David Blevins wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Juergen Weber wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to deploy my first ear into 2.1.3 and ran into the same
>> problem as
>> http://www.nabble.com/Ear-deploys-as-an-EJB-JAR--td11589548s134.html#a11589548
>>
>> ear is not listed in the console, ejb is under ejbs, but does not
>> work.
>>
>> Also, I found that the application.xml put by ant into METAINF of
>> the ear is
>> not seen, I have to offer it as deployment plan to the console, then
>> console
>> deploys the ear.
>
> Sounds like there might be something wrong with the structure of your
> ear.  Can you run a 'jar tvf' on it and send the output.  Something
> like:
>
>    jar tvf myear.ear > contents.txt
>

> -David

See below. But the ear is fine, it deploys in Glassfish V2, even with
verifier on.

Thanks,
Juergen

jar -tf Command.ear
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
META-INF/application.xml
Command_ejb.jar
antlr-3.1.1.jar
stringtemplate-3.2.jar

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd" version="1.4">
  <description>Command</description>
  <display-name>Command</display-name>
  <module>
    <ejb>Command_ejb.jar</ejb>
  </module>
</application>

The ebj's Manifest:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
Created-By: 1.5.0_12-b04 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Class-Path: antlr-3.1.1.jar stringtemplate-3.2.jar

Re: Ear deploys as an EJB JAR

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.