Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2004/02/06 16:01:04 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/portal/java/org/apache/cocoon/portal/coplet/adapter/impl PortletAdapter.java

cziegeler@apache.org wrote:

>  No direct cast from a component to it's implementation - this will not work with Fortress :(

But why you are not relying on the interface ("The Avalon Way")? Casting
is nasty.

Vadim

RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/portal/java/org/apache/cocoon/portal/coplet/adapter/impl PortletAdapter.java

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> cziegeler@apache.org wrote:
>
> >  No direct cast from a component to it's implementation - this
> will not work with Fortress :(
> >

> But why you are not relying on the interface ("The Avalon Way")? Casting
> is nasty.

But fun! You know: obfuscating the code makes you more important!

Yes, of course, you're right. That's why I changed it. But with Fortress we
will get more fun as we don't rely on "the avalon way" everywhere!

Carsten