Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Tarjei Huse <ta...@scanmine.com> on 2010/03/15 09:35:39 UTC

Why isn't it possible to create a route from a endpoint id?

Hi,

if is possible to create a Route using from(Endpoint ep) or from("uri"), but
I want to be able to register different endpoints in different situations
and let camel do the assigning for me. Is this possible?

The reason I want to do this, is to be able to create tests for routes where
I do

@EndpointInject("ref"="myRouteStart", "uri"="direct:start")
Endpoint ep;

in the test and then have something like:

class MyRoute extends RouteBuilder {

  ref("myRouteStart").process().to("myRouteEnd");

}

Is this possible or is the ref and the uri of an endpoint essentially the
same and thus cannot be used for abstraction?

Regards,
Tarjei

Re: Why isn't it possible to create a route from a endpoint id?

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
You can define the route directly in the test file by extending
CamelTestSupport from the camel-test component.

As an example you can take the following test:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-soap/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/dataformat/soap/SoapClientTest.java

Greetings

Christian

Am 15.03.2010 12:48, schrieb Tarjei Huse:

> By the way we are pretty happy with this this ref-component. It allows
> automated unit and system testing of a route way before integration tests!
> Give it a try. I guess you will see the advantages pretty soon.
> </qoute>
> I do not disagree, I do have strong positive feelings regarding Camel :P
>
> What I thought was possible was to create an endpoint with a given ref using
> @EndpointInject so that I kept the endpoints I used within the unittest
> class definition instead of having to define them in a separate
> camel-context.xml file.
>
> Regards,
> Tarjei
>

> Meise, Christoph wrote:

Christian Schneider
---
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: AW: Why isn't it possible to create a route from a endpoint id?

Posted by Tarjei Huse <ta...@scanmine.com>.

Posted by "Meise, Christoph" <ch...@immobilienscout24.de>.
By the way we are pretty happy with this this ref-component. It allows automated unit and system testing of a route way before integration tests! Give it a try. I guess you will see the advantages pretty soon.
christoph meise

Posted by Tarjei Huse <ta...@scanmine.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tarjei Huse <ta...@scanmine.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Use the ref component
http://camel.apache.org/ref

from("ref:myRouteStart").process().to("ref:myRouteEnd");

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Tarjei Huse <ta...@scanmine.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if is possible to create a Route using from(Endpoint ep) or from("uri"), but
> I want to be able to register different endpoints in different situations
> and let camel do the assigning for me. Is this possible?
>
> The reason I want to do this, is to be able to create tests for routes where
> I do
>
> @EndpointInject("ref"="myRouteStart", "uri"="direct:start")
> Endpoint ep;
>
> in the test and then have something like:
>
> class MyRoute extends RouteBuilder {
>
>  public void configure() throws Exception {
>
>  ref("myRouteStart").process().to("myRouteEnd");
>
> }
>
> Is this possible or is the ref and the uri of an endpoint essentially the
> same and thus cannot be used for abstraction?
>
> Regards,
> Tarjei

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer