Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by infiniter <in...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/18 17:24:49 UTC

lost session and error modal

I added an ajax behavior to maintain the session alive. However in certain
cases the page can still expire and the session can still be lost, so I'm
showing an error modal using #getFailureScript(). But I'm facing a problem,
which is, for example, when the user refreshes the page the failure script
error modal will show up a couple of secs, but of course that's not cool.
If you have dealt with this or have suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Re: lost session and error modal

Posted by Bernard <bh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Perhaps you can afford to look at this from a simplified perspective.

I am thinking of two levels of sophistication:

1) the page simply refreshes after expiry. The user then has to repeat
the action with a new session. This is Wicket default behavoir.

2) In the case where the Wicket server state is not logically vital (
it is only technically required to prevent harm in complex cases) we
could expect that Wicket responds with the requested AJAX behavior
after re-creating the page and storing it in the new session.

For 2), there is a suggestion for improvement that you might be
interested in if you would benefit from Wicket responding to your ajax
call with the expected result even after session expiry:

Optionally execute Callback Behavior on Re-construction after Expiry

Bernard

So ,