Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/01 02:25:51 UTC

Derby moved from Incubator to DB in the repository

Hello all,

The Derby repository has moved out of the Incubator repository and
into the DB repository. You will need to update your Subversion views
by doing a 'switch'.

Get the URL by running 'svn info', and then run 'svn switch [new-
URL]' replacing 'incubator' with 'db'.

E.g.:

svn info yields:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/derby/code/trunk

then run:

svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk

Thanks to Brian McCallister and Noel Bergman for moving us into our
new home as a part of the DB project!

cheers,
andrew

Re: Derby moved from Incubator to DB in the repository

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
I'll work on switching the web site to db.apache.org/derby .

  -jean

Posted by Satheesh Bandaram <sa...@Sourcery.Org>.
There have been changes to the same files that conflict with this
patch... unfortunately. Mamta, can you submit an updated version of the
patch? I will work to get this quickly into trunk. (I haven't forgotten
Shreyas's patch, which is long overdue :-[ )

Satheesh

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/05, Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Will switching the repository this way impact any of the files that I am
> working on?

It's as if you did an 'svn up' to your view. So, files will be
updated, merged, or put into the conflict state as if you did a normal
update operation. Any changes you've made to local files will be
preserved.

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew,
 Will switching the repository this way impact any of the files that I am
working on? Also, I have a long standing patch for Derby-7 NULLIF bug using
the old repository. Do I need to re-generate a new patch since the
repository has moved?
 thanks,
Mamta