Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by cesarAugusto <cc...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/27 22:27:54 UTC

Use a keystore in java application

Hi, everybody,

I formed a keystore from keystore configuration of was ce.
I log me in for administrative console, in
console navigation
-Security
--keystores.

I created a keystore named testKS in this I import a certificate and create
a private key.

I need to establish a communication with a WebService published over https,
normally I use instruction like
// path to the JKS which contains the public cert of the server
				System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore","path");

// store password of the above JKS
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword","password");

However, how can I access the keystore from my WASCE distribution.

I need to establish a HTTPS Connector?
or
I need to access directly to <WASCE_HOME>\var\security\keystores\testKS?

thanks in advance.

Re: Use a keystore in java application

Posted by Ying Tang <yi...@gmail.com>.
As far I know,  for 1-way authentication, you only have to import the
keystore and certificate from the Web service,  and set up the environment
in the Web Service Client ( via System.setProperty).

You need to provide your own certificate in a keystore for mutual
authentications, that is, when you also want the remote Web service to trust
you.

Best Regards,

Ying Tang

Posted by cesarAugusto <cc...@gmail.com>.
I'm also a little confused with this subject, but my intention is connect to

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.